Search the MAAT blog

Thursday 11 July 2013

The Dragons - Miss Victoria McGregor

Victoria McGregor

From a very early age Victoria McGregor knew she would run one of the finest Economics departments in Latin America. At only 27, she had achieved her dream.
Details
The road to success: Started out in Bristol teaching Marketing to the fat cats of Hewlett Packard and British Aerospace.  Undertook my teacher training PGCE whilst lecturing an FE college. Then, motivated by money, I worked my way up in two insurance companies one in England selling Buildings insurance and one in Australia selling health insurance.  I made my fortune in bonuses from selling insurance to old people who didn't need it.
Relevant experience as a Dragon: Have judged a panel of stock brokers at Bahrain Stock Exchange directed by the American Chamber of Commerce and have written a business plan and break even chart for a successful languages school. 
Q&A
Name:.Victoria McGregor
Born: 1993
Family: Plenty
Hobbies: Lots including yoga, running and fortune-teller
Describe yourself in three words: Mum likes me 
Estimated wealth: Squillions
The one thing I look for in entrepeneurs: a good attitude (willing to learn)
Worst job I've had: Door to door sales
Favourite film/play: The Thomas Crown Affair
Favourite holiday destination:.Thailand
Favourite sport, team and player: Hockey
Things that interest me in a business idea: Anything original
Best advice you've been given: Be yourself.  The people who mind don´t matter and the people who matter don´t mind. It is nice to be important but more important to be nice.
Vicky’s pitch advice
For impressing in a pitch
I am looking for an authentic entrepreneur, someone who will take a risk and really believe in their idea and themselves.  They will put all their energy, money, heart, mind and soul into getting their product or service to market. The best pitch will be someone who has considered their market, financial position, human resources and have proactively considered the pragmatic constraints of producing their product keeping sustainability in mind.

3 comments:

  1. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I have truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.

    In any case I'll be subscribing in your feed and I am hoping you write again soon!


    Take a look at my website :: Forex Auto Trader

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi miss mcgregor

    ReplyDelete